It’s almost that time of the year again: the time of ghouls and goons, vampires and werewolves, zombies and ghosts, all roaming the streets and sites again.
All this evil and witchcraft always reminds us of our oldest and darkest theme of all – Zombie Apocalypse. We try not to give it much attention and not too often because evil should stay dead and buried, but it does make it back to haunt us every year or so.
- Cleaned up "!important" usage in the style
- Fixed theme's general font overlapping WordPress admin bar icons
- Updated theme tags
- Updated and rearranged options panels in the customizer
- Updated theme about page with current information, info and social links
As you might know by now, themes in the official repository are no longer allowed to implement a theme options page. All new themes were required since early this year to implement support for the Customizer and some weeks ago this rule became mandatory for themes already published in the repository as well.
We’ve given this a great deal of thought and we decided not to transfer theme options to the Customizer interface. We built our themes settings to fit and work in a certain way and we feel the Customizer structure just isn’t right for them.
To be able to continue providing theme updates…
The Zombie Apocalypse is here! For the fifth year in a row… well not the actual apocalypse but your eponymous beloved, friendly, next door all bloody neighbour Wordpress theme.
Lost for a couple of days into the undead abyss of not-updated themes, we’ve put all coffee aside for a week and worked on bringing it back from the other side. This is version 2.0 of your favorite B-movie styled theme and a few things have changed but they’re all for the best…
- fixed the "One Column" page template not being responsive
- fixed background image for content container responsiveness
- updated readme and added changelog information for most recent versions
- migrated settings page to customizer based options and replaced settings page with about theme page
- added overall theme layout responsiveness
- added menu responsiveness
- fixed menu layout issues related to menu items length
- added title-tag theme support (for WordPress 4.1) and backwards compatibility code
- updated theme featured image with larger version
- improved old style/gallery posts support by implementing post formats
- various CSS tweaks and fixes (widget titles, lists padding, sticky posts border and background colour, titles indentation, entry meta link colour and spacing, author background colour, input border radius, search box transparency and padding, side description indentation)
- fixed search form not present on search result page when results were available
Are you happy with the WordPress theme you’re using? Would you consider yourself and your theme as best buds? Or do you think of your theme as sexy?
Themes are a big part of what makes WordPress great and the search for that perfect one is a long and winding road. Has that road come to and end for you?
Three is a magic number. And everything comes in threes in this special edition post celebrating our first ever WordPress theme.
And it was 3 years ago when yours truly wrote his first ever WordPress post simply entitled “Zombie Apocalypse Theme”.
- Replaced deprecated add_custom_background() and add_custom_image_header() with add_theme_support()
- Replaced deprecated TEMPLATEPATH with get_template_directory()
- The background image is now a default WordPress background image and can be changed with ease (it used to be applied via CSS)
- Removed post navigation padding and fixed attachment pages navigation
- Replaced the copyright info with something similar to our newer themes
- Changed a lot of function names
Well that was it. Only 3 days
after celebrating 6 years of Cryout Creations and we have to get back to the heavy drinking for this one as well. It's a tough job but someone's gotta do it. Oh and don't worry, only coffee and hot cocoa are on the menu.
Yap, it’s finally here – our Zombie Apocalypse’s second year anniversary. We love watching it grow up and bleed all over.
Many things have happened this past year: a lot of eaten corpses, roaming bodies and mindless cadavers.
Now that all important moment in time has come when summer has passed and autumn – the season of dying – is crawling towards our doors.
This day, one year ago, in its third hour, our first WordPress theme was born. Created by the darkest and most evil thoughts of its master, it came to life as the incarnation of all which is unholy. It first poked out its bloody hand, covered with scrapes and scratches, trying to reach for human …
Really small update, we just added German language files that were submitted by Matthias from The Long Walk. Thank you Matthias. We will also make the admin section translatable and then we hope zombies of all nationalities will send translations our way.