Take a dive into the pool of knowledge that our theme documentation aims to be and find your answers.Read The Docs
Can't find the answer in the docs? Join the forum and tell us your deepest darkest secrets.Browse The Forum
Are your secrets too dark? Talk to us privately and quickly via our priority support system.*Includes link removal instructionsGet Priority Support
Looking for a free theme with premium features and amazing customization options? Septera is a multipurpose responsive theme, with a clean and elegant design, crisp, stylish typography and a great set of powerful yet easy to use customizer settings.
Based on our custom made theme framework, also used on our two previous themes, Septera comes equipped with all the bells and whistles that you’ve come to expect. It’s responsive, lightweight, with an extensive array of settings, a customizable landing page, and a plethora of layouts, menus, socials, widgets, post formats and more.
Great attention has been paid to the theme’s search engine optimization and it incorporates microformats and Google readable Schema.org microdata. It’s also translation ready, with full support for right-to-left languages.
Free WordPress Theme
A WordPress theme that includes all the features and functionality out of the box, for free. We don't hide half the theme behind a paywall.
With well over one hundred theme customization options it will be a piece of cake* to make it your own.
Up To Date
Constantly updated and upgraded to the latest design trends, web standards and WordPress versions.
Hundreds of theme options for almost infinite personalization.
Includes all the features and functionality from start, for free. Just download and install.
Our themes use the latest standards for the perfect browsing experience on all mobile devices.
Highly optimized theme for search engines by using the right HTML5 tags, microdata and microformats.
Personalize your home page with customizable sliders, boxes, text areas and latest posts
Easy link to your favorite social networks and profiles in multiple theme locations.
Left? Right? No sidebar? With the theme's multi-layout personality you've got them all.
Applying any of the 700+ Google Fonts on a theme element is just a copy-paste away.
Easily translatable theme that fully supports WordPress' language packs.
RTL Language Support
This theme has been thoroughly tested and curated to look perfect with right-to-left languages.
Fully supports child themes for all those extreme customization scenarios.
Find your way around with appropriately named, organized and documented files and functions.
HTML5 & CSS3
When creating our WordPress themes we use the latest web development standards.
Our theme supports the widely used qTranslate, Polylang and WPML multi-language plugins.
Fast & Lightweight
Front-end resource files are as small and as few as possible and queries are kept to a minimum.
Our theme has built-in support for the widely used WooCommerce e-commerce plugin.
Easy To Use
Completely integrated into WordPress, configuring and customizing the theme is a breeze.
Completely configurable font typefaces, sizes, and styles for all theme elements.
Septera version 0.9.4/.5 changes the way the landing page is activated. From now on it will be necessary for a static page to be assigned as the WordPress homepage for the landing page to become active.View Changelog
- Added more padding to the ‘continue reading’ button
- Added padding to pagination buttons
- Fixed ‘more posts’ button animation
- Increased landing page featured box title line-height
- Fixed landing page slider title/text sizes with responsiveness
- Changed post titles in posts lists from 40 units smaller to 80%
- Improved srcset functionality by switching to viewpoint units for better responsiveness
- Improved srcset sizes for the landing page featured images
- Improved backwards compatibility for browsers that do not use srcsets
- Fixed srcset sizes for 1 column posts list layout
- Added ‘septera_featured_srcset’ filter
and support for ‘wp_calculate_image_srcset’ filterfor disabling srcset functionality 1)
- Added hint in landing page customizer controls for activation procedure and autofocus to static frontpage section
- Fixed more posts button visible on the lading page when static page is used
- Changed default value for Featured Image Alignment from center/center to center/top
- Updated Cryout Framework to v0.6.5
- Replaced esc_html() with esc_attr() to make HTML attributes translateble
- Changed landing page activation mode; the feature is now only visible when a static page is set as the homepage in WordPress
- Added featured content option for landing page to display posts list, the homepage static page (default) or nothing
- Fixed meta information visibility malfunctioning on search results
- Replaced _e() and __() with esc_attr_e() and esc_attr__() where translations are used in element attributes
1) These filters can be used with
add_filter( ‘wp_calculate_image_srcset’, __return_false ); or apply_filter( ‘septera_featured_srcset’, __return_false );
- Moved “Edit” button at the top of the post/page
- Adjusted post meta paddings
- Added icon blocks icon/title animations on hover
- Reduced landing page “More posts” button padding
- Fixed unexpected arrow background on cropped featured images
- Increased page/post titles default value to 220% and made post titles in page list 40 units smaller
- Fixed pages manual excerpts not working and added support for <!–nextpage–> tag in icon blocks
- Extended Featured Image Alignment option to apply to all featured image crop variants added by the new srcset feature
- Slightly adjusted headings font sizes generator function and added separate distinct styling for h5 and h6
- Fixed footer widgets responsiveness when “All in a row” option is used
- Changed H1 to H2 in the static slider
- Added site title always present in the source of the site (for SEO purposes)
- Fixed WordPress’ “Display Site Title and Tagline” option not hiding tagline
- Added colour option for the H1-H4 content headings
- Updated language file
Septera 0.9.2 includes important improvements concerning responsiveness: the theme now uses srcset attributes to improve featured images responsiveness; embedded videos will be loaded at the appropriate width calculated based on the general site width and layout options; for further tweaking, the fitVids script can be selectively turned off on non-mobile devices. Read more for the full changelog.View Changelog
- Added srcset support for featured images and two additional featured image sizes to improve responsiveness and cross-device compatibility
- Improved content_width internal handling to take layouts into account (for better handling of embed media sizing)
- Adjusted the landing page block/text areas title and text retrieval functions to work with qTranslate
- Added support for <!–more–> tag in landing page text area pages
- Added WordPress 4.7 video header support
- Fixed icon blocks customizer controls not displaying the icons in Chrome / Safari
- Fixed author pages displaying broken titles in certain cases
- Added landing page slider shortcode field to translatable fields in WPML / Polylang
- Removed wp_kses() filtering from landing page blocks/boxes/texts titles/contents
- Fixed header and main container padding discrepancies
- Fixed responsive styling arranging footer widgets in two columns even when option was set to one column
- Updated Cryout Framework to v0.6.4
- Removed septera_socials_menu_preset() function
- Removed blog and e-commerce subject tags
- Fixed page used as static page
- Fixed search results showing meta information for pages
- Moved submenu arrows closer to the menu items
- Fixed current menu item on landing page having the same color as the background on fixed menus
- Removed grayscale filter from the header image and slider overlays if overlay opacity is set to 0
Starting our new trend to create more, bigger and better WordPress themes, Septera brings even more style to our current themes line-up.
Follow us after the jump for the customary long intro, demo and download links and other useful info.