Zed

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 30 posts - 6,511 through 6,540 (of 6,623 total)
  • Author
    Zed
    Cryout Creations mastermind

The theme only has one presentation page, which can be set as the homepage of your site.

To create galleries you need plugins, as neither WordPress nor themes include this by default.

If you like our creations, help us share by rating them on WordPress.org.
    Please check the available documentation and search the forums before starting a topic.
    in reply to: Remove unwanted tags in code #3875
    Zed

That is not up to the theme.

The content (pages/posts and everything you type in) is controlled, processed and outputted by WordPress.

Please check the available documentation and search the forums before starting a topic.
    in reply to: header image not showing, everything done right #3873
    Zed

I see you eventually got the image to show up.

in reply to: everything posts in a blue box #3872
    Zed

I don’t see a menu on your website. Which one is the troublesome page?

in reply to: Image Border #3871
    Zed

Turn off the image borders in Appearance > Mantra Settings, under Graphics Options.

in reply to: tripadvisor widget #3870
    Zed

Use the built in “Custom Javascript” field in Appearance > Mantra Settings, under Miscellaneous.

Or if circumstances require advanced scripting, edit the theme files (but I highly recommend using a child theme for this).

in reply to: How to get rid of white blocks in blogmessages ? #3869
    Zed

Mantra was not created with dark backgrounds in mind, it doesn’t have built-in options for changing absolutely all colours and we never got around to adding such options.

But it CAN be completely customized with custom CSS.  You just need to use a developer tool like Firebug to inspect the content of the website and figure out which areas you need to change colours to.

Or tell us a bit more clearly (with page name and area content/description) what you are trying to change.

in reply to: menu on presentation page not showing? #3868
    Zed

I see the menu is visible now…

in reply to: Posts Not posting when Scheduled #3867
    Zed

I’ve never encountered the issue.  Perhaps this might help.

in reply to: Magazine style max. 7 articles possible? #3866
    Zed

The number of posts displayed by any category page (including when using magazine layout) is the number configured in Settings > Reading under “Blog pages show at most _ posts”

If these articles occupy less space than your sidebar(s) content, you’ll get empty space underneath.

in reply to: Migrating Mantra #3780
    Zed

Try exporting Mantra’s settings on the old site and importing them on the new site (after a settings reset).

I have migrated several WordPress installations with Mantra active and configured and never encountered this issue.

in reply to: une categorie pour les articles de la page d'accueil #3777
    Zed

My French is quite rusty… 🙂

Do you want to display “news” posts on the standard “blog pots” homepage or in Mantra’s “presentation page”?

in reply to: Move JS in the footer // Adapt functions.php #3774
    Zed

You should put all your code into the child theme’s functions.php file.

Note that (as I have found out the hard way) not all actions are removed properly by just using remove_action(). Also, note that Mantra has more hook functions than the ones listed in your sample code.

The safest way is to use a wrapper function:

function remove_mantra_functions() {
    remove_action(...);
    // insert all your remove_action calls here
    }
    add_action('init','remove_mantra_functions');

then use add_action() to attach your child theme function replacements.

in reply to: Adding a Logo at top of site #3753
    Zed

Please read C11 in the FAQs.

in reply to: Inserting an HTML form onto the Presentation page #3752
    Zed

Inserting custom code in the presentation page implies programming knowledge.

Adding somewhat of a sidebar on the presentation page is even more complicated.

in reply to: Column frames on presentation page #3749
    Zed

Use this custom CSS:

.column-image { border: 3px solid #000; }

The presentation page looks awesome with black borders 🙂

in reply to: Text font selection changes in mobile #3745
    Zed

Chrome is broken on my Android device, but the fonts in Mantra work just fine with the built-in browser (an unbranded trimmed down version of Chrome).

I see you’ve changed your site setting and no longer using a Google font, so I can’t test your website as well.

But as a general rule, make sure the piece of text in question is not copied from somewhere and has a <font….> tag along with it.

in reply to: mantra settings page disappeared?? #3744
    Zed

That should not happen 🙂

Try these steps one by one:

• switch to another theme and then switch back.
    • disable all installed plugins
    • re-upload the theme files (through FTP); this will leave your settings intact (if you uninstall it and then reinstall it through WP you will lose all settings)

in reply to: Header Question #3742
    Zed

Yes, using custom CSS 🙂

And this is not a bug…

in reply to: Additional option for the selection of the article picture #3740
    Zed

First off, the “Post Excerpts on Home / Archive and Category Pages” need to be set to “Excerpt” and the “Featured Images as POST Thumbnails” and “Auto Select Images From Posts” options need to be enabled.

Then this is how the theme behaves:

• on a post with featured image but no images inside, the featured image will be displayed
    • on a post with featured image and more images inside, the feature image will be displayed
    • on a post without featured image but with images inside, the first image from the content will be displayed
    • on a post without featured image and no images inside, no image will be displayed

This way you have automatic post images (when you have images inside the post), which you can also override as you wish through the “featured image”.

So  I do not believe that this behaviour needs any change.

in reply to: Hyperlinks on my posts #3709
    Zed

I think I already answered this through email…

That is not Mantra. It’s either a plugin you are using, your host passing adds through your website or a program on your computer intercepting sites you are seeing and inserting adds in them.

in reply to: Color settings has stopped working #3674
    Zed

Not likely, but you could have installed/enabled a plugin that messes with the javascript functions used by Mantra.

Disable newly installed/enabled plugins and see if the issue goes away. Then tell us the plugin in question so we can check it out and work out a proper solution.

in reply to: How do I get rid of Blue Links at top of website? #3673
    Zed

It seems you found the way to disable the top menu.

in reply to: Digg Digg messing up homepage #3672
    Zed

I see a different behaviour on our test site: the posts pictures display just fine, but the Digg Digg floating area fails to display on category pages displaying posts with pictures.

We’ll look into this…

in reply to: News Categories not always displaying an image #3671
    Zed

I used featured images for posts on my blog as well, and I did not encounter this issue after updating.

Did you test to see if this happens when all plugins are disabled? Could be an incompatibility between a plugin and the theme.

Zed

If you remove those lines, of course the whole site is going be messed up. Those two lines output about half of the site’s HTML code (including the <head> and header sections).

I don’t know anything about Facebook’s OpenGraph, but I’ll document myself and see if I can come up with an answer.

in reply to: uploading larger image #3669
    Zed

The uploader automatically detects the configured site width and configured header height and crops the uploaded header image to that size.

Check your configured options and see if they are correct.

in reply to: Columns uneven #3668
    Zed

This should not happen. Could you give us a link to your website?

in reply to: Main text overlapping the left sidebar in IE 8, what to do? #3667
    Zed

While I can see the issue on your site, I cannot reproduce it on our test installs.

Could you create a support ticket and send us an export of your theme settings? Perhaps a combination of options triggers the problem. (just type anything in the transaction id field).

in reply to: Comments will not appear after being approved #3666
    Zed

We can’t reproduce this issue.

Did you try disabling any plugins and/or switching to one of the default themes and see if the issue still occurs?

Viewing 30 posts - 6,511 through 6,540 (of 6,623 total)