We’ve experimented quite a bit and implemented all the advancements and improvements in our newer customizer-based themes, leaving Fluida slightly behind and functioning a bit differently.
The 1.5.0 update is here to bring everything in line with all the other themes, making features and options behaviour and documentation uniform across all themes and easing the maintenance task for us.
This means that updating your existing site to 1.5.0 can change some things:
- The landing page – it will now be necessary to assign a static home page from WordPress’ Reading settings (or through the customizer Homepage panel) for the landing page to activate.
- Style enqueues – we’ve changed how the style files are enqueued in the theme improving the support for child themes; however, if you’re already using a child theme and its using the old enqueue method (hooked to wp_head instead of wp_enqueue_scripts) then some styles may end up being loaded in the wrong order after this update; the solution is to correct the child theme enqueues by replicating the new way Fluida is doing it; if you’re using our link removal child theme, make sure you are running version 0.7 or update as soon as possible.
Style relocation – if you’re using any form of caching (caching plugin, server cache or some CDN network), you might notice incorrect styling after the update; make sure to clear the cache and force refresh your browser to rule out caching issues before reporting any problems.We reverted this change in v188.8.131.52.
- Fixed ‘Category page with intro’ template missing pagination since v1.5.0
- Fixed landing page slider CTA buttons missing due to incomplete callback check
- Fixed WooCommerce store and category pages using wrong title font size
- Improved featured images srcset functionality to support more usage cases
- Improved compatibility of dark color schemes with Crayon Syntax Highlighter plugin’s editor styling
- Improved sublists appearance in sidebar widgets
- Added all weight values for the typography options
- Added missing styling for landing page featured content container
- Fixed comment block being visible on landing page featured page
- Updated to Cryout Framework 0.7.3
- Reverted theme’s main style move and restored style.css to resolve a styles loading issues with our NoLink child theme
- Fixed header image missing on homepage when landing page is enabled but not active
- Moved sidebar empty checks outside of sidebar container
- Updated to Cryout Framework 0.7.2
- Moved theme’s styling to resources/main-style.css
- Changed landing page activation behaviour to bring in sync with our other themes (and general WordPress repository behaviour) *** this will require adjusting WordPress’ reading settings and the theme’s landing page options to restore the landing page after update – see this forum topic for more info
- Added notifications for landing page activation in the customizer panel
- Added notifications for image recreated on specific options in the customizer panels
- Moved theme’s styling enqueues from wp_head to wp_enqueue_scripts hook to improve child themes compatibility *** this might require updating the child theme code to match these changes; make sure you are using at least v0.7 of our NoLink child theme
- Improved featured image srcset functionality to support more browsers; added fluida_set_featured_srcset_picture() function
- Fixed featured image to remove unwanted bottom space on Internet Explorer
- Added demo featured images for when theme is previewed
- Added support for the theme preview sample sidebar *** this might get your widgets to be misplaced – see this forum topic for more info
- Fixed not working translation in article publish date
- Fixed page layout option overlapping category/search/archive layout when last item uses custom layout
- Fixed ‘Category page with intro’ query reset
- Improved ‘comments moderated’ text positioning
- Updated to Cryout Framework 0.7.1:
- Framework: added cryout_get_picture(), cryout_get_picture_src() functions
- Framework: fixed invalid count() call in prototypes.php triggering warnings on PHP 7+