Non-repository (zip file) installation
In case you have a theme archive on your computer and your webserver’s configuration allows it, you can install a WordPress theme by uploading the archive directly and WordPress does the rest:
1. From your dashboard, navigate to the Appearance > Themes menu.
2. Click on the Install Themes button.
3. Click on the Upload link
4. Navigate and select the theme file on your computer. Its name will be displayed in the input field.
5. Click the Install Now button and WordPress will attempt to install the theme.
6. WordPress will display the status of the install and present you with some options. Click the Activate link to set the newly installed theme as your site theme.