The battle was tough, words have been said, code was written, thrown around or deleted, and although Tempera fought well the stronger powers could not be thwarted – in the end, Tempera lost its settings options…
But don’t despair. Just like with her sister, Nirvana, we have prepared for this moment and set up an alternative solution. As we have previously announced, we decided to retain the settings page functionality and move it to a separate plugin.
So, starting with this update, you will need to do the extra step of installing our Cryout Serious Theme Settings plugin to be able to configure the theme. But that step is all that’s needed, because we’ve done everything necessary to make the transition as easy as possible – both by recommending the plugin in your dashboard and by publishing it to the repository, so everything can be done automatically with just a couple of clicks.
If you’re already using the plugin due to WordPress 4.4, there’s nothing more you need to do as the plugin will automatically adjust its functionality for this update.
As a side effect, the presentation page is now disabled by default on fresh theme installs (since there is no way to configure it until the plugin is installed). To restore the presentation page, simply go into the settings (after installing the plugin) and enable it from the Presentation Page section.
- Fixed menu center align issues with multi-line menus
- Fixed presentation page overriding static frontpage (and malfunctioning as a result) !!! make sure WordPress’ “Frontpage” option is set to display “Latest posts” for the presentation page to be visible (read here for more information) !!!
- Changed social icon links to no longer be nofollow
- REMOVED THE THEME SETTINGS AND ADDED SUPPORT FOR THE SEPARATE THEME SETTINGS PLUGIN
- Integrated TGM to recommend and auto-install the theme settings plugin
- Fixed settings page to handle changed H3 to H2 headings in WordPress 4.4
- Changed presentation page to be disabled by default (in lack of theme options on fresh install without plugin)
- Added experimental support for PP columns outside their dedicated area
- Fixed main menu centered option interfering with the mobile menu
- Adjusted columns to display read more button even without entering text; improved content conditional checks
- Fixed slight author information misalignment on RTL
- Fixed sub-menu arrows on RTL
- NivoSlider-based gallery/slider plugin should no longer wrongfully add a stop button to the theme’s slider
- Fixed presentation-page styling to only be applied when homepage is actually the presentation page
- Added version information to style/script enqueues on both frontend and dashboard (to fix caching issues between updates)
- Rewrote readme file and merged changelog into readme