david8500

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Description section of Featured Icon Blocks #119066
    david8500
    Participant

Hi, effectively this code solutions the problem for the text in the featured icon boxes. However this does not effect the text in the description section of the featured icon boxes that sits above the boxes on the landing page which is my main concern. The colour of this text always shades darker than the site text content colour (see previous screen shot where content text colour is white but the text shows up in grey….). Obviously if one uses a dark colour for the text this doesn’t make much difference but with lighter colours this shows up quite noticeably. Some code targeting specifically the ‘description section’ for the featured icon boxes on the landing page would be appreciated.

in reply to: Description section of Featured Icon Blocks #118798
    david8500
    Participant
    This reply is private.
    in reply to: Featured Icon Blocks #118745
    david8500
    Participant

Hi Zed,
    Your reply put me on the right track. My gallery plugin does create shortcode. By enabling manual excerpts on the pages: add_post_type_support( ‘page’, ‘excerpt’ ); and by enabling the use of shortcode in the excerpt: add_filter(‘get_the_excerpt’, ‘do_shortcode’);
    and by inserting the gallery shortcode in the manual excerpt field the gallery is displayed in the featured icon box. I have not extensively tested this yet but on the face of it this seems to work without any problems. Thanks for your thoughts.

in reply to: Background image in text area of landing page. #67001
    david8500
    Participant

Hi, no I’m not using Safari but Edge. I tested in Chrome and effectively there is no problem. Looks like Edge might have same problem as Safari. Any solution?

in reply to: How to centre search widget in content before? #46644
    david8500
    Participant

Hi Cameron, I had similar problem on Fluida which I solved using a plugin ‘widget options’. The plugin enables one to format widget positions etc. The free version was perfectly adequate for my purposes. There are plenty of plugins out there proposing similar functionality the choice is yours.
    David

in reply to: Caption title colour #46490
    david8500
    Participant

Effectively the ‘Cryout Theme’ scheme reflects the font used on the site for headings however the text colour does not change to the site text colour. In any event I would like to choose the colour specifically for the font on the caption title. The work around of leaving caption title blank and using slider text and choosing colour in text editor runs up against the problem mentioned elsewhere on forum that this text does not resize and becomes illisible in mobile mode.

in reply to: First slide reduced in size #44308
    david8500
    Participant

It appears that this issue only appears in the customisation view. As my site is work in progress I havent published it yet but relied on the customisation view, the site view is working perfectly.

in reply to: First slide reduced in size #44307
    david8500
    Participant

I am now wondering if it is a browser problem. I am working with Windows 10 and Edge. As an experiment I checked the site on a Mac using Safari and the slider displayed perfectly! If you can confirm this is a browser problem I will be relieved but this will obviously need to be sorted. Theme looks great on large Mac screen….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)