April 26th, 2019 at 16:05 #77221
I am trying to delete the info in one of our text boxes on the presentation page and when I click save, it takes me to a “Not Found” error 404 page.
Website: www.cvyouth.caApril 28th, 2019 at 22:03 #77320
ZedCryout Creations Team
There’s most likely a HTML entity in one of the theme’s input fields. Some server configurations are wonky and cause this issue when a form submission includes such data.
Try saving a theme settings export and search that file for the ampersand sign (&) which precedes all HTML entities in escaped format.
If you find one, see in what field it is present and remove it from the theme’s input in the settings page and retry to save.April 29th, 2019 at 22:18 #77371
Thank you for your response Zed. I exported the theme and searched and I did find 2 ampersand signs and deleted them from the theme settings. I was still unable to save the theme. I then made the change in the exported theme and tried to import it and that still doesn’t work. I’ve tried deleting all the info in all 3 text areas as well as the custom footer box (that was where the other & was located) and leave them blank and it will still not save. I am using the most recent version of Wordpess, Nirvana, and all my plugins are up to date. I’ve also tried deactivating a couple of my most recent plugins and that hasn’t helped either. Anything else I might be missing?April 29th, 2019 at 22:20 #77372
And those ampersands have always been there so they weren’t something I recently added and I’ve been able to update the presentation page at least until December when we made our last change. No changes since then. That save button is not working for me.May 1st, 2019 at 20:45 #77408
I’ve tried resetting the presentation page to defaults and that doesn’t work either. Any other ideas? I’m wondering if I need to scrap this theme altogether.May 12th, 2019 at 18:49 #77624
ZedCryout Creations Team
The ampersand is not a problem. The problem is in the use of HTML entities in the text fields (HTML entities all begin with an ampersand in encoded form). This issue is dependent on server configuration so it may appear or disappear without your intervention (if the server administrators change configuration in the meantime).
If I could see a settings export I could pinpoint where the problem is (if there is one).
As I’ve said in my first reply, this is the most usual cause of the problem you’re describing, but we’ve also encountered plugin-caused issues that generated the same behaviour.
You need to log in to reply to this topic.