Updates celebrate milestones; updates bring fixes and improvements; updates build and expand upon collected knowledge. But sometimes updates can also bring hurtful changes.
Mantra 2.5.0 is in a happy/sad mood – celebrating almost 5 years of existence but losing part of itself at the same time.
Just like with her sisters we have set up an alternative solution. As we previously announced, we decided to retain the settings page functionality and move it to a separate plugin.
Starting with this update you will need to perform the extra step of installing our Cryout Serious Theme Settings plugin to be able to configure the theme. But that step is all that’s needed because we’ve done everything necessary to make the transition as easy as possible – both by recommending the plugin in your dashboard and by publishing it to the repository, so everything can be done easily with just a couple of clicks.
If you’re already using the plugin due to WordPress 4.4, update the plugin to at least version 0.5.6 and it will automatically detect the new Mantra update.
As a side effect of the settings move, the presentation page is now disabled by default on fresh theme installs (since there is no way to configure it until the plugin is installed). To restore the presentation page, simply go into the theme settings (after installing the plugin) and enable it from the Presentation Page section.
If the settings page is empty after both updating the theme and installing/updating the settings plugin, force refresh your browser. This will solve any caching issues that may cause issues.
With this update we’ve also had to remove all SEO options previously integrated in the theme – such options are no longer accepted in themes for the past two years as they are considered plugin functionality. If you were relying on Mantra’s SEO, we strongly suggest installing a SEO plugin.
- REMOVED THE THEME SETTINGS AND ADDED SUPPORT FOR THE SEPARATE THEME SETTINGS PLUGIN
- Integrated TGM to recommend and auto-install the theme settings plugin
- Removed existing SEO options (per WordPress Theme Review Guidelines)
- Fixed settings page to handle changed H3 to H2 headings in WordPress 4.4
- Added above and below content area widget areas to page templates (including custom page with intro)
- Fixed header site title to not use H1 tag when homepage is static
- Add warning in settings page when pp enabled and static page is set
- Fixed WordPress 4.4.1+ issue with plugin/theme notifications being moved in the Layout settings section
- Added version information to style/script enqueues on both frontend and dashboard to fix caching issues between updates
- Fixed PHP notice in settings page when theme news are not available
- Rewrote readme file and added changelog into readme