"save changes" in settings leads to a 403 error

• Author
    Paul

Hey congratulations on the theme, it’s quite neat. Sadly, whenever I try to change the settings from the theme settings and press “save changes” it leads me to a 403 error page.
    Any idea?

Rodrigo

I’m having the same problem here, any idea on how to solve it? Thanks

Bembis

Hi,

I’m having the same problem, but it appears only in one hosting provider(name “A”) server. I’m using Nirvana theme in another hosting provider(name “B”) server and there are any problems and theme settings work perfectly fine. I tried Nirvana using Xampp in my computer and it works great. So it’s something wrong with server side settings. Actually “A” hosting admins asked me if I could ask theme authors what server side settings needed for Nirvana theme.

P.S. I have tried Mantra theme on “A” server and “save changes” work fine.

Paul

Well, What I did is changing the version of PHP in my server, from 5.3 to 5.5. It works fine so far. Hope that’ts it and it helps you.

Bembis

Hmmm… There is 5.5.17 php version in my server and I still have a problem with “save changes”.

Gordon

I have this problem also.

Can we get a solution please?

Christine

Same problem here.

tried PHP 5.3 / 5.5 and 5.6 – did not help.

What else can I do?

Christine

Oh – btw – I have the problem with all themes from cryoutcreations…

Zed
    Cryout Creations mastermind

If anyone is willing to “donate” us access to their WordPress install so we can test a couple of things, we’d be (un)happy to take a look at this.

Use any of our forms (premium/custom work/contact) to contact us and specify the issue, we’ll know what it’s about.

If you like our creations, help us share by rating them on WordPress.org.
    Please check the available documentation and search the forums before starting a topic.
    Bembis

Hi Zed,

I’ve just sent WP logins to You through custom work form. You can do what You need to do because it’s fresh install.

Zed

Thank you Gordon and Bembis for providing access to the dashboards.
    You both use the same hosting company (Hostinger) and are affected by the same issue.

It appears I’ve located the problem. It is caused by the sample text used for the Footer Text, specifically the apostrophes used in <a link=’#’>. Replacing the apostrophes with double quotes fixed the saving problem.

​​This may be caused by a server software / configuration limitation​​​​​ (Hostinger seems to be using nginx), and we’ve never encountered such behaviour before.
    We will modify our themes accordingly to avoid this situation, however you need to be careful to avoid using apostrophes.

Please check the available documentation and search the forums before starting a topic.
    Bembis

Wow, it’s working. Thank you very much! I will inform “Hostinger” about this strange behaviour.

Christine

I’m sorry, english is not my first language and so I’m not sure what you need from me to be able to help.

As far as I see I have nothing in the footer but: | Powered by Mantra & WordPress.
    I’m with a German host/provider (Strato).

This is the frontend: www.http://kostuemkram-blog.de/
    (it looks quite chaotic because I just played around so far because of the mentioned problem)

I don’t get a real Error message when I want to save changes but a lot of html/css:

Array ( [mantra_side] => 3cSs [mantra_dimselect] => Absolute [mantra_sidewidth] => 780 [mantra_sidebar] => 420 [mantra_sidewidthRel] => 60 [mantra_sidebarRel] => 20 [mantra_mobile] => Enable [mantra_hheight] => 320 [mantra_hcenter] => 1 [mantra_siteheader] => Site Title and Description [mantra_logoupload] => ...

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by Zed. Reason: cleaned up code
    • This reply was modified 9 years ago by Zed. Reason: stripped out unnecessary code for readability
    Bembis

Hi Cristine,

There is “custom footer text” in Nirvana settings (miscellaneous settings) and there is default text:
    This text can be changed from the Miscellaneous section of the settings page. <br />
    <b>Lorem ipsum</b> dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, cras ut imperdiet augue.
    You should try to change that bold text to . I made that part of text bold just so you can see which part you need to change.

If that won’t help, try to send your wordpress site logins to Zed through (premium/custom work/contact) forms. You can see Custom work form in right sidebar. Just don’t post your logins in forum.

Bembis

I’ve messed up code. Sorry for duoble post.

This text can be changed from the Miscellaneous section of the settings page. <br />
    <b>Lorem ipsum</b> dolor sit amet, <a href='#'>consectetur adipiscing</a> elit, cras ut imperdiet augue.

You need to change <a href='#'> to <a href="#">.

P.S.It would be nice to have preview option before posting. 🙂

Gordon

Zed,

Thank’s for taking a look at this and resolving the problem so quickly!

Gordon

Christine

Hello,

thx for trying to help 🙂

I found the section and removed the whole text but it did not help.

Guess I will have to send my logins to Zed. Is it right that I have to danate first to be able to do that?

Christine

… donate I mean (sorry)

Zed

Christine, you can use any of the forms to contact us without donating.

I love a strange issue worth investigating 🙂

Christine

Zed,

many thanks. I sent a message with (hopefully) all you need.

Christine

kmch

perfect fix… i deleted the default content, clicked save and now it all works.
    so relieved, because i love this theme out-of-the-box… now to see if i still love it!

Christine

Many thx so far for your help. I had emailexchange with “Kay” but then suddenly it broke off and I did not hear from anybody for more than a month.
    The last mail from Kay included some questions which I answered in a reply (hope you got it). Could you please check and help me further? Or if you are not able to help (which I would understand) please tell me so I can stop waiting for a response.

Zed

DonDominio.com / MrDomain.com hosting is also affected by this, so if you’re hosted here and encountering this issue, clear the Custom Footer text field before saving theme settings.

This issue no longer occurs with fresh theme installs but updates may still get this because the old sample footer text is kept between updates.

Adam

Nirvana settings problem! I use the latest version of Nirvana on the latest version of wordpress. When i save changes in Nirvana settings it forward me to my main index page without saving my changes.
    It means i cant change anything in Nirvana settings anymore. It was working good for a mounth.
    I removed Nirvana theme completely and reinstalled. But i still have the same problem.
    Any idea or remove the Nirvana ?

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘"save changes" in settings leads to a 403 error’ is closed to new replies.