Fatal error: Cannot call overloaded function fo/wp-includes/user.php on line 217

• Author
    Social-index

Hi Guys,
    I found it a bit odd, so I will raise it here and see if anyone encounters such an error before.
    We are using the theme for quite some time, but we moved to a new server with godaddy, and we keep receiving ever now and then an error.

Fatal error: Cannot call overloaded function for non-object in /home/***/public_html/***/wp-includes/user.php on line 217

Now, after we change the theme back to default if seems like everything goes back to normal, can anyone help me with that? Did you also encounter this error and do you know what causing it?

thanks in advance

Zed
    Cryout Creations mastermind

Since the issue appears in /wp-includes/user.php it’s user functionality related (and definitely not theme related). Since it’s also intermittent it may be about a user-related plugin you may have installed, but the “internets” seem to agree it’s mostly caused by server overload.

If you like our creations, help us share by rating them on WordPress.org.
    Please check the available documentation and search the forums before starting a topic.
    Jon

This is either related or a coincidence, I too had this issue on the one and only Godaddy site I manage.
    Somehow (maybe my fault) when I installed wp it assigned my username as “admin” .. I’ve done hundreds of installs and always use the same username, never admin, but perhaps I forgot this time and it defaulted..
    Anyway, I changed my username with a plugin. Then when I would log in, I’d get a broken page (no css) but If I clicked a link it was the site as usual.

This is exactly when I started getting the same error you describe.

And wp-includes/user.php on line 217 is something like get_current_user.

So I switched my user name back to admin yesterday and haven’t seen the error again, even after extensive work on the site.

digamber pradhan

Hi guys i’m having a similar problem i’m using the wordpress multisite feature and when I added this new plugin there was this home/content/p3nexnas03/89/2066089/html/wp-includes/capabilities.php on line 1511 error and i can’t for the life of me figure out why the only changes i’ve made are custom changes using front end form to change use-nicknames and all

Helix

Guys, we had similar problem when we write our firewall plugin for wordpress, and find that this is related to the APC module for Apache, to resolve it, simply edit your php.ini to uncomment the apc module so it reads from

extension=apc.so

to

;extension=apc.so

This will resolve the problem.

James

Thanks Helix. I saw the same answer to this issue on another website.

I got a similar error
    Fatal error: Cannot call overloaded function for non-object in /home/ntta/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp.php on line 529

Where would I find the php.ini file?

Thanks.

James

In Godaddy’s cPanel you can create a new file in the public_html folder and save the file as php.ini

Then right click on that file php.ini click edit (once) then click edit again (second screen)

type

;extension=apc.so

Save Changes

Or you can create the file in a text editor (Notepad) upload to public_html using FileZilla

Victor

I tried this solution and it didn’t work. However I remember reading somewhere about changing the PHP version in Cpanel. I switch it from native 5.4 to 5.5 and it fixed it. But 5.5 is weird and I don’t know which boxes I need checked to make everything function like 5.4 soooo…. Idk if I’m going to leave it on or just use this as a solution to reset the overload.

If anyone figures it out lemme know!

Erick

After reading a bit and researching, it does seem that the problem is with Godaddy and their configuration with Apache. I have no clue what it is but I have installed lots of WordPress sites with no problems on other hosts. One thing I want to point out that maybe this is why some of us are getting this error, is that I didn’t install WordPress from scratch, or from the wizard. I did it from the duplicator plugin, which I think is great. Anyways, I fixed it using James solution, creating a php.ini file on the root and commenting that apache module.

Casandra

I used James’ solution on a site I manage thats on Go Daddy C-Panel/Word Press and it worked. Thanks James for posting, really appreciate the advice.

Asad Ali

Hi,

I agree with Zed. I am also using GoDaddy Shared Hosting for my wordpress website. However, I have noticed that I only get this error occasionally, due to heavy load on website. The error appears when there are more visitors on website than normal. Then, it goes away automatically.

Aryan

i have been facing this problem only from Godaddy Hosting i never had such a issue with any other hosting companies, Guys dont ever go for hosting with Godaddy.com

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Fatal error: Cannot call overloaded function fo/wp-includes/user.php on line 217’ is closed to new replies.