The theme has a specific way of controlling sidebars:
- the Layout option in the theme settings sets the general layout structure for the entire site (this applies to all sections, including categories, homepage, specific post, page, tag, archive, author, so on.); the layout option provides 6 layouts:
- one column, no sidebars – will display only the content area
- two columns, sidebar on the left – will display content plus the left sidebar
- two columns, sidebar on the right – will display content plus the right sidebar
- two columns, sidebars on the left – will display content plus both sidebars on the left
- three columns, sidebars on the right – will display content plus both sidebars on the right
- three columns, sided – will display content plus a sidebar on each side of the content
* the general layout option should be set to the layout most (all) of the categories/posts should use
- each page can use a separate layout structure, by using a specific page template for that page; the available options are the same as the ones available for the general layout option; when creating/editing a page select the desired page template from the page templates list on the right to make that particular page look differently than the general layout.
Notes: the presentation page does not display sidebars; also, there is no way to set specific categories / posts / tags / author / archives to use a different layout than the general one.